Enrolment Process And Fees CCS Harmony

Communicating with families

To enrol, each family is asked to contact the Coordination Unit who will discuss your childcare needs to help our staff get to know you and enable us to support your educator.

We ask all families to give us their email address so we can send out Childcare Usage Statements (all services are mandated to send) and to ensure the dissemination of important information. The service routinely asks families to give feed-back via questionnaires and surveys and to be involved and contribute to service decisions. We regularly review policies, procedures and the service philosophy and encourage all families to give us their comments. We invite all stakeholders to actively participate in the service.

Steps to Register with Our Service

Contact the Coordination Unit to exchange information about your child and match you to an educator. This can be either at the Jindera Coordination Unit Office: 80 Creek Jindera, or over the phone.

Contact the Greater Hume Children Services Office: T: 02 6026 3877

As part of our registration process all families need to complete the following requirements:

  1. Contact the Department of Human Services on T: 136150 to complete the Child Care Benefit eligibility test for each child using care and obtain Primary Parent Customer Reference Number (CRN) and CRN for each child (some parents may have completed this step already if they have used registered and approved childcare before).
  2. Provide the service with a copy of your child’s birth certificate.
  3. Provide the service with your child’s immunisation history statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register.

From 1 January 2018, parents must provide a copy of one or more of the following documents to enrol in child care: 

  • an AIR Immunisation History Statement which shows that the child is up to date with their scheduled vaccinations or
  • an AIR Immunisation History Form on which the immunisation provider has certified that the child is on a recognised catch-up schedule (temporary for 6 months only) or
  • an AIR Immunisation Medical Exemption Form which has abeen certified by a GP.

We must have a current statement stating the child is up to date prior to the child starting care 

  • through Medicare Online Services
  • by requesting a statement to be sent in the mail 
  • at your local DHS Service Centre 
  • by calling the Immunisation Register on T: 1800 653 809.

4. Complete the Family Registration Form and submit 

5. Inform our staff when you will start childcare and with which educator.


Service Fees, Child Care Subsidies and Accountability


Individual fees, charges, terms and conditions are set by your educator and approved by the service.

For example, some educators provide meals for children in care and other educators require families to provide all the food and drinks for children, educators will advise you of their service practices. Educators are required to issue families with their individual fee schedule (approved by the service) including the terms and conditions of their service. Educators are acting as an agent for the service, and contracts of care are between the family and the service.

Our service encourages all families to, where possible, set contracted care with their educator. Contracts can readily be changed where necessary and it provides both parties with stability and clarity for childcare. A service support levy per child care hour is payable to the service and is collected in your fees by the educator who then passes this on to the service. Families are welcome to contact the coordination unit to gain a fee estimate before the commencement of care or if they wish to change care arrangements.


Financial assistance in the form of Child Care Subsidy for childcare fees is available to eligible families through the Department of Human Services. To register for Child Care Subsidy or for more information parents must contact The Department of Human Services T: 13 61 50.