Positions Vacant - Directors 3 FTE positions
Published on 13 May 2021
Centre Directors – Holbrook, Culcairn, Henty & Walla Walla
At Greater Hume Children Services, we are committed to championing and advocating the benefits of play based learning and high quality outcomes in the Early Childhood Education and Care environment for children, families and the community.
Our team is committed to ongoing critical reflection to inform continuous improvement and best practice across the service.
Our service continues to grow and we are excited to provide opportunities for passionate and qualified professionals to join our team as Directors at our Holbrook, Culcairn, Henty and Walla Walla centres (3 FTE positions).
We are seeking experienced leaders to assist in creating a collaborative culture within a committed team. As Director, you will take pride in building innovative and sustainable learning environments and actively embrace the value of nature play in all aspects of daily activity at our centres.
About the role
The Centre Director is responsible for managing all day to day aspects of the service’s operations (under the guidance of the Team Leader – Centres) and provides leadership ensuring high quality education and care. This includes ensuring the centre complies with all relevant laws and educational frameworks governing childcare and child protection.
The Centre Director is also responsible for:
• Setting the tone for the facility;
• Managing the curriculum – supporting program delivery;
• Participating in recruiting and monitoring staff and managing the overall image of the centre; and
• Developing relationships that support and partner with families and community as well as broader Greater Hume Children Services operations.
• Holds an ACECQA approved Diploma/Bachelor qualification
• Current Working with Children’s Check and Police Check
• Current Anaphylaxis, Asthma, CPR and First Aid Certificates or willingness to obtain one
• Current Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain.
• Competitive above award wages up to $78,000p.a.
• 35 hour working week with 9-day fortnight working arrangement
• Access to personalised professional development under Council’s Educational Assistance Program
• Health and Wellbeing Program (including annual complimentary flu shots)
• Uniforms provided
• Ongoing career development and support from an experienced leadership team.
If you are eager to join Council’s team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday, 31 May 2021.
Further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s website #greaterhume, or by contacting Council’s Director Corporate and Community Services, David Smith, at DSmith@greaterhume.nsw.gov.au.